This vegan coconut ice cream is sooooo good. It’s super creamy, tasty, sweet, comforting and guilt-free. Why? It’s made with coconut milk and cream, vanilla extract, pink salt, and fresh dates to sweeten. No dairy, refined sugar, gums or additives in here. That’s what I call a guilt-free ice cream. Yum.
How is the ice cream made?
I used my ice cream maker but to be honest, I don’t think you need it. But what I did was that I blended all the ingredients until smooth. Then, I transferred the mixture to the ice cream maker and ran it for 20-25 minutes. You can then have a few bites as it will have frozen or you simply pour it into a container or loaf pan like I did and freeze it until set. Before scooping the ice cream out, you’ll need to let it at room temperature for about 5 minutes. Guys, it’s so good. Worth trying it. And if you make it without the ice cream machine please let me know how it turned out!
What kind of coconut milk do you use?
I use organic, full-fat (important!) canned coconut milk and cream.
How do I store it?
I freeze the mixture overnight in a loaf pan. You can keep it there if you will eat it quickly or transfer it to a freezer safe container. Up to you.
The ice cream is delicious and perfect for a hot summer day. Your kids should love it too.
Alright. Let’s jump to the recipe!
Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Put coconut milk, coconut cream, dates, vanilla and salt in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- If you have an ice cream maker, transfer directly to your frozen bowl and turn on the machine. Let it work for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy right away and freeze leftover for later use. If you don't have an ice cream maker, simply transfer the mixture to a clean loaf pan or container and freeze until set.
- When taking out of the freezer, before scooping out ice cream, let it set at room temperature for 5 minutes so it's easier to scoop out.