Blender Oatmeal Pancakes
These oatmeal pancakes are very quick and easy to make. Blend all the ingredients until smooth, and cook in a warm skillet with a little coconut oil or grass-fed butter. You will get delicious, fluffy pancakes, ready to be topped with your favorite toppings.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1¼ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch unrefined salt
- Coconut oil or organic grass-fed butter, for cooking
- Optional toppings
- Fresh fruit
- Homemade or organic jam
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Pure maple syrup, organic honey or blackstrap molasses
Combine oats, almond milk, banana, flaxseeds, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
Heat coconut oil or butter over medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet or griddle.
Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan, trying to keep a round shape – use a spoon or spatula if needed.
Cook until the pancake has set and the edges look golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Then, flip the pancake over and cook a few more minutes until cooked through.
Place pancakes in a plate, wipe skillet or griddle thoroughly and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Serve pancakes warm with your favorite toppings.